Skip to main content

Winter in Indiana

I think winter is colder in West Lafayette. Which doesn't make sense because it is further south than anywhere I've lived before, but man, it has been cold lately. And windy. My students don't come to class when it is below zero with windchill and then they really don't come when it snows. But the big problem for me is it doesn't snow enough. In my opinion, it is warmer when it snows. At least I think it feels warmer. I was so excited for lake effect snow my first winter in Holland. My subsequent winters, I was significantly less excited, but now I really miss it. Just goes to show you, you don't truly appreciate something till it's gone.

Comments

Sondra said…
I have to say, I'm not entirely sure I'd miss lake effect snow. I really hate any type of snow, and would be happier if it didn't exist. I complained the first day it snowed here; I think I should probably move somewhere warmer.

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.