It felt like at Hope I could walk anywhere on campus and almost guarantee that I'd see someone I knew. I don't get that feeling at Purdue. Now that's probably because I know an infinitesimally small percentage of the student population, but it still feels like you are just another face in the crowd.
But today walking back to my building, I ran into a student from last semester and we chatted for like 5 minutes about our semesters, spring break, his exams and my teaching schedule. It was just so refreshing to see someone I recognized and feel like someone remembered me.
Basically it made my day and he was a really nice kid. Now I'm rememorizing ATP production and lipid transport, but I fell asleep on the couch for a couple minutes because I'm sleepy.
In other news - it's Nate's birthday! So give him a call or drop him a line and wish him Happy 23rd!
But today walking back to my building, I ran into a student from last semester and we chatted for like 5 minutes about our semesters, spring break, his exams and my teaching schedule. It was just so refreshing to see someone I recognized and feel like someone remembered me.
Basically it made my day and he was a really nice kid. Now I'm rememorizing ATP production and lipid transport, but I fell asleep on the couch for a couple minutes because I'm sleepy.
In other news - it's Nate's birthday! So give him a call or drop him a line and wish him Happy 23rd!
Comments