That's what Nate said after I told him the results from my wellness screening. Similarly, my mom told me I was "disgustingly healthy."
My resting blood pressure was 94/58. My resting heart rate was 52. I fasted for 12 hours so my glucose and cholesterol would be more accurate. My blood sugar was 87 (for a fasting value it should be less than 100). My total cholesterol was 188 (less than 200 is ideal) and my HDL cholesterol was 69! For women, their HDL should be above 45, but the higher the better. I was quite pleased, plus it was a free screening through the Purdue wellness program.
My piece of advice - take responsibility for your health and know your numbers.
My resting blood pressure was 94/58. My resting heart rate was 52. I fasted for 12 hours so my glucose and cholesterol would be more accurate. My blood sugar was 87 (for a fasting value it should be less than 100). My total cholesterol was 188 (less than 200 is ideal) and my HDL cholesterol was 69! For women, their HDL should be above 45, but the higher the better. I was quite pleased, plus it was a free screening through the Purdue wellness program.
My piece of advice - take responsibility for your health and know your numbers.
Comments