I ran 20 miles this morning. 3 more Saturday runs till the marathon. I'm finding it a little hard to believe I ran that far, but then I try to get up off the futon and my legs remind me that yes, I did indeed run 20 miles.
I made a yummy side dish for dinner. I found the recipe in the Spirit of Women magazine at the hospital.
7 Veggie Couscous:
Ingredients
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium yellow crookneck squash - diced
- 1 medium zucchini - diced
- 1 small butternut squash - peeled and cubed
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 c chicken or veggie broth
- 1 c frozen peas
- 1 c halved cherry or grape tomatoes (I did not use tomatoes and it tasted just fine)
- 1 c plain couscous
- Heat oil over medium heat, add onion and garlic, cook till onions are tender, add squash and spices. Cook for 1 min, till aromatic, stirring frequently
- Add broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer till squash is tender, about 5 minutes
- Stir in frozen peas, tomatoes, and couscous, cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes
- Fluff and serve
Comments