Skip to main content

The week

Nate and I marked 8 years of marriage on Tuesday.  I made a strawberry rhubarb crisp to celebrate and we thankfully were able to enjoy it with ice cream right before the power went out.  And it stayed out till 6:00 am the next morning.  But we got showers before work and that's all that really matters.

Friday all three of us went out to dinner to officially celebrate.  It was a little touch and go in the beginning because Evelyn really wanted to sit in the big girl chair and not the high chair.  Which is fine, except she isn't very good at sitting still.  But while waiting for our food, Nate took her for a short walk and I was able to made the chair disappear.  The rest of dinner went quite smoothly.

Also on Friday I had my second prenatal appointment.  That's right, Evelyn's going to be a big sister! Baby #2 is due January 16th.  My appointment went well; baby's heart rate was 160.


This afternoon we went over to a friend's house to beat the heat in their air conditioning and to play with some sidewalk chalk.


Baby #2 announcement

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love. This.

: ))

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.