Skip to main content

Check-Ups

Evelyn had her 2 year check-up and Jameson had his 2 week one.  Both did exceptionally well, especially Evelyn.  She was so cooperative the doctor let his med student look and listen to her as well.


Evelyn weighed 26 lb (42nd percentile) and was 34.5 inches tall (78th percentile).  She was adorable in her little gown.  The doctor thought she was right on target for all her developmental milestones. Current favorites for Evelyn include: Daniel Tiger's neighborhood, The Jungle Book movie, and Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker.  She is pretty good at counting and can kinda say the alphabet, but still thinks every color is red.


Jameson weighed 8 lb 13 oz (57th percentile) and was 21.75 inches long (94th percentile!).  I wasn't too surprised to see he had surpassed his birth weight.  He looks bigger to me and he is such a good eater.  The doctor commented on how mellow Jameson is, which is true.  He is a much more chill baby than Evelyn ever was.  He can get a little fussy in the evening.  I think he starts to cluster feed and wants to nurse every hour until around 9:30-10 when he is ready to go to sleep.  Then he can go about 3 hour stretches before waking up to nurse at night.  


Evelyn had to get one shot today (a vaccine she missed at her 18 mo check-up) and got a finger stick to screen for cholesterol and lead (both were normal).  Because she did such a good job this morning we stopped at Panera for a special treat on our way home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.