I haven't updated in a while. Lots of fun things happened but I didn't feel like posting. A couple Nathan and I were friends with when we lived in West Lafayette lost their little boy in a tragic accident. The whole time we were praying for a miracle, it just didn't feel right to be posting happy pictures. We were able to attend the visitiation Monday night and there was some comfort in being able to give our friends a hug and tell them we continue to keep their family in our prayers.
Here's two verses and one quote that I read and reread during the last several days.
"My peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Revelation 21:4
The quote is from The Little Prince. The Little Prince wants to return to his star and his rose, but the only way is to let the snake bite him. The pilot and Prince are both sad because goodbyes are sad, even when you know the person is going somewhere better. That's the inherent risk in loving someone, that someday you will have to say goodbye.
"'I'll look as if I'm dead, and that won't be true.' I said nothing. 'You understand. It's too far. I can't take this body with me. It's too heavy.' I said nothing. 'But it'll be like an abandoned shell. There's nothing sad about an old shell.' I said nothing. He was a little disheartened now. But he made one more effort. 'It'll be nice, you know. I'll be looking at the stars, too. All the stars will be wells with a rusty pulley. All the stars will pour out water for me to drink.' I said nothing. 'And it'll be fun! You'll have five-hundred million little bells; I'll have five-hundred springs of fresh water.' And he, too, said nothing, because he was weeping." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Here's two verses and one quote that I read and reread during the last several days.
"My peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Revelation 21:4
The quote is from The Little Prince. The Little Prince wants to return to his star and his rose, but the only way is to let the snake bite him. The pilot and Prince are both sad because goodbyes are sad, even when you know the person is going somewhere better. That's the inherent risk in loving someone, that someday you will have to say goodbye.
"'I'll look as if I'm dead, and that won't be true.' I said nothing. 'You understand. It's too far. I can't take this body with me. It's too heavy.' I said nothing. 'But it'll be like an abandoned shell. There's nothing sad about an old shell.' I said nothing. He was a little disheartened now. But he made one more effort. 'It'll be nice, you know. I'll be looking at the stars, too. All the stars will be wells with a rusty pulley. All the stars will pour out water for me to drink.' I said nothing. 'And it'll be fun! You'll have five-hundred million little bells; I'll have five-hundred springs of fresh water.' And he, too, said nothing, because he was weeping." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Comments