Back in August Nate announced he was sending me on a trip to Baton Rouge to visit my sister and he planned it over Veterans Day weekend. So last weekend I was in Louisiana! I flew out early Saturday morning. Meredith and Jeremy picked me up at the airport, we got lunch and then toured one of their favorites breweries.
Once back at their apartment I got to meet Redd, their new kitty.
Sunday morning we relaxed at a coffee house. I read, Meredith worked on Christmas cards, and Jeremy studied.
Then we headed to campus to see Mike VII. The "new" Mike hadn't arrived when we drove down in May, so I was very excited to see LSU's mascot in person. After Mike we visited the bookstore to pick out some presents to bring home.
Monday morning, Meredith and I went for a run and we said hello to Mike along the way.
Beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans was another thing on my trip's bucket list. We didn't go to the original Cafe du Monde but one closer to the airport. Maybe next time we'll visit the one in Jackson Square.
After beignets it was still too early to drive to the airport, but we were very close to Lake Pontchartrain. There was a nice trail along the lakefront, so we went for a walk. We saw the sign, but we didn't see any alligators.
This was my first trip alone since the introduction of Evelyn and Jameson to my life and I enjoyed it. I thought about Nate and the kids a lot and I missed them, but I still had lots of fun. I was most worried about Jameson because he still has some separation anxiety, but he did really well. No tears when I left and seemed to understand that while I was gone, I was also coming back. A common phrase from Evelyn this week has been, "while you were gone on your trip, Daddy let us..."
Comments