We had a busy mother's day weekend. I did my first River Bank run on Saturday so Friday we headed to Grand Rapids for packet pick-up.
Happy Mother's day!
The weather for race day was less than ideal. It was cold and dreary, but at least it wasn't pouring down rain. I really enjoyed the race course and was very happy with my time.
Training for a spring race is always challenging. I ran in snow, rain, and lots of mud. But it's worth it when you cross the finish line. I was super thankful for Anna driving me to the race and getting us to the start; took a lot of that stress away.
Mother's day morning we said goodbye to Pat and Paul and went to an early breakfast at a farm-to-table restaurant in Hudsonville. Our food was very good and Evelyn and Jameson were mostly well behaved.
Then we went to Windmill Island for my (and Evelyn and Jameson's) first Tulip Time experience. Just this spring we bought a membership to our botanical gardens which has reciprocal benefits at many gardens across the US, including Windmill Island, but Nathan and I were still prepared to pay our entry fee. But we got in for free!
It was another gray day, but no rain. The grounds were pretty muddy so the rain boots came in handy.
Evelyn had fun taking pictures with her camera and they both consented to a few pictures with the tulips.
I thought the tulips still looked beautiful especially for the last day of Tulip Time.
The line wasn't very long and Evelyn really wanted to go inside, so we took a tour of the windmill.
Of course we had to try on some wooden shoes before we left.
Comments