Skip to main content

Chain o' Lakes camping

We took one last camping trip to Chain o' Lakes.  The weather mostly cooperated.  It started raining Friday on the drive to the campground.  It rained enough to make the ground muddy and to make setting up the tent mildly annoying but we were still able to have a campfire and roast hot dogs for dinner.  Evelyn and Jameson didn't seem to mind the rain.


Saturday was a beautiful day.  We had egg in a hole for breakfast and then once it seemed like most of the campground was awake we let the kids ride their bikes.


We stayed on the primitive side which had less car traffic and a big oval perfect for biking.


Before lunch we went on a nice hike.



Then after lunch we walked/biked to the one of the camp playgrounds and afterward got popcorn at the camp store.


For dinner we made hobo pies.  Instead of using firewood we used charcoal (a trick we learned from my dad) and Nate couldn't get over how easy it was.


Instead of making s'mores for dessert we made campfire banana boats.  They turned out good, but we decided they could have stayed on the fire a little longer to get more melty.


Sunday morning cooler and less sunny.  It started to sprinkle so we moved breakfast under the screen tent.


It never rained very hard or for very long so we were able to take a walk to the other playground and even let Evelyn and Jameson ride their bikes while Nate and I packed up the car.



Stopped for ice cream on the way home to cap off a fun weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.