Yesterday was a hot day. We picked up some materials from the library, got lunch from school, ate lunch and then went outside. Evelyn and Jameson played in the kiddie pool all afternoon. I read my book, drank some coffee, did some crochet outside while I watched them and they just kept playing.
Today we were supposed to get storms, some of which could be severe so I put the pool away, brought in some stuff we didn’t want to blow away, and moved the potted plants to the porch. One neat thing we did today was one of our to-go activities from the library - magical mystery object. Evelyn got a feather and Jameson got a shell. A mysterious donor had given the library these objects and the librarians needed help cataloguing them.
Around 4:00 the storms blew through. It was very windy. At one point I was actually kind of concerned, but the storm did not last too long. When Nate got home he said there’s a tree down in the middle of the road and sure enough a big limp had fallen down. We checked it out after dinner.
Comments