Skip to main content

Olympia - day 6

 Our last day of vacation was a full travel day.  Our flight was at 7:00am so we woke up early to drive to the airport and picked up breakfast there.  We did catch a glimpse of Mount Rainier from the plane.  I was only able to take a picture after the person in the window seat moved to an empty row of seats.  


The flight home went just as smoothly as the flight to Seattle.  Kate let Evelyn and Jameson play on her switch.



We arrived in Chicago on time and quickly picked up our luggage and hopped on the L to Kate's apartment.  We relaxed a little bit and caught up with Tom before going for a walk and picking up some food for dinner.



The drive home was long, but it was nice to be home and see Penny and sleep in our own beds.  It was a fun vacation and I hope Evelyn and Jameson keep some good memories of their time out west.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.