This is probably is the busiest week of our whole summer. VBS started Sunday night. I’m a leader for a group of 6 year old, incoming first graders. It’s been a fun 4 nights and my group of kids were great but I’m also glad tonight is the last night. And it’s family night so I’m only in charge of my own kids.
So VBS run 6-830 in the evenings with us arriving a little early to be in place before all the kids get there. In the morning from 9-1, Evelyn and Jameson are at Mastodon basketball camp at Purdue Fort Wayne. It’s a lot; we are all tired. They both seem to be enjoying camp. It is run by the mens’ basketball head coach and several players from both the mens and womens team. It is more competitive than any sport activity they have done which I also think has been a little challenging.
Evelyn is with the 3rd-5th graders so she is one of the younger kids and campers aren’t separated by gender. That isn’t a bad thing, but the play is a little more aggressive than what she is used to. She told me today she doesn’t want to do the camp next summer and she doesn’t want to try out for the basketball team at school, but if church does Upward again she does want to do that. Even Jameson said yesterday he had kind of a difficult time, but he still wanted to go to the last day of camp. So I’m proud of both of them for sticking with something even if they didn’t love every minute. Evelyn did earn camper of the day on Tuesday and came home with a practice jersey. It’s huge!
Comments