The kids and I took a weekend trip to Chicago to visit Katherine. We left right after school on Friday. There was some traffic in different spots but overall the drive was fine. For dinner Katherine treated us to Lou Malnati’s deep dish pizza. Evelyn and Jameson thought it was good but they prefer thin crust pizza.
The weather predicted rain on and off all weekend so we checked out a puzzle from the library as a fun inside activity.
Oma and Grandpa drove into the city to visit too and it turned out the rain held off in the morning so we were able to make a quick trip to the pool. While swimming we got to see the Blue Angels flying over head for the air and water show.
We ate lunch and Oma and Grandpa went back home. Evelyn and Jameson got to play Mario Kart and Kate and I worked on the puzzle.
To celebrate finishing the puzzle, we walked to Pretty Cool for popsicles. Jameson ended up not liking his blue moon popsicle so I trade him mine. Which was a little disappointing at first (I thought my peanut butter chocolate one was really good), but the blue moon one was vegan and I actually enjoyed the coconut flavor.
Sunday morning everyone was up early. We played a game of Catan before driving to Chinatown.
We found everyone’s zodiac animals and then walked around and bought some food. Everyone got bubble tea. We left from Chinatown and had a nice, uneventful drive home.
Comments