Skip to main content

Blue ribbon school and cross country

 Evelyn and Jameson’s school was named a blue ribbon school by the department of education. They were 1 of 10 schools in Indiana and 1 of 297 nation wide. The ceremony was today and parents were invited, plus your child was dismissed from the assembly to go home with you.  This was especially helpful for me in terms of getting to cross country on time without being rushed. It was a very nice ceremony.  The best part was when the former principal (when Evelyn was in kindergarten and first grade) arrived and all the kids started cheering and clapping  


Cross country city finals were tonight. Jameson finished 31st overall out of 1st and 2nd grade boys and girls (about 96 kids). He placed 5th out of 1st grade boys with a 1 kilometer time of 4:36. I think he was disappointed he didn’t finish top 3 and win a trophy, but he quickly got over it. 





Evelyn finished 34th out of 3rd-5th grade girls, about 72 runners. She placed 9th out of 3rd grade girls with a 1 mile time of 8:18, her fastest time of the three races. 




It was a great cross country season, but I’m ready to get our Monday afternoons back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.