Evelyn and I ran a 5K to benefit Fox Island county park today. Fox Island has been closed since June due to a derecho that toppled 100s of trees and made many of the trails unsafe. My dad and I did the fox on the run last October and I always think it’s fun to do trail runs. This year it was held at Metea county park. Evelyn and I had lots of fun. She found a special painted rock on the trail which I then carried for 2 miles. She also won a door prize - a very soft Vera Bradley throw blanket - which came in handy when we met Nate and Jameson at soccer and it was cool and windy. The race raised $3,400 for Fox Island.
Today was also Jameson’s last soccer game. We thought about winter session but we would have to miss too many Saturdays. Jameson had a great coach and all the other kids on his team seemed like good kids. It was overall a really good experience.
Tonight was the fall food truck rally in the next addition over. Evelyn and Jameson enjoyed running around with McKenzie and her cul-de-sac friends. Nate and I caught up with a couple we know from church and a few other neighbors.
Comments