Skip to main content

The end of basketball

 Nate and I each had to take a kid and split up today. Evelyn had the elementary school tournament at the same time Jameson had his last upward game. Honestly, I did not want to be at that tournament semi final; I told Nate you have to take her. Croninger played Weisser Park, a team we have played twice and beat twice, but they were close and physical games. I even said I don’t really want to know the score. The only time I asked was once Jameson’s game was over and I needed to know do we hustle to make the consolation game or did they move on the final which was later in the afternoon.  Nate said don’t hurry, they’re going to win. And they did!


But Jameson’s last game was fun too.  He had a couple baskets.  He practiced what his coach told him to do. And even though upward doesn’t keep track of records, his team was undefeated.


Jameson and I made it to the tournament with plenty of time to spare. The final game was a little stressful because it was against a team Croninger had never played. But Mr T, the coach, had already made the decision to put everyone in this game. Which was great because Evelyn did not play in the semi final. She had a couple good looks, but didn’t get a basket. 


But in the end Croninger won! Undefeated girls elementary city champions! 



They also won the sportsmanship award.


In between games the girls gave Mr T their thank you gift. It’d take too long to describe how great a coach Mr T is. In fact, Nate and I say all the time, both Evelyn and Jameson have been so fortunate to have such encouraging, knowledgeable coaches.


But the day wasn’t over. The tournament ended in time for Evelyn to make her last upward game which was important to her. Her team had a great last game that ended in a win. 


And still the day wasn’t over. Nate and Evelyn have been watching the Indiana Tech women’s basketball team (all their games are broadcasted online) and today was their conference semi final. Tech won, so we decided to celebrate everyone’s wins and finish the night with dinner at Culver’s.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.