Summer is almost over. School starts Thursday. But we had one last getaway to Michigan. On Wednesday, we met Mimi, Oma, Grandpa, Meredith, Jeremy and Hans in Saugatuck. Katherine was right in middle of packing and moving so she was unfortunately just too busy to come up. Once everyone arrived, we ate dinner and then went to bed.
Thursday morning we went blueberry picking. We picked so many blueberries! Jameson picked the most.
After blueberry picking, we needed a little caffeine pick me up. This neat coffee shop had fun outdoor seating.
Finally it was time for the beach! Hans let me carry him out into the water. Before the sand bar, where the water was deepest, Uncle Nathan took over.
After dinner we went back to watch the sunset.
And climb Mount Baldhead. Hans did a good job despite a steep hike to the top of the dune.
Of course running down is the best part.
Nate thought it’d be fun to let Evelyn and Jameson wear their swim suits and swim again. I was not thrilled. I didn’t want the extra work of wet kids and wet suits right before bed. Plus I thought maybe we’d get a nice family picture not in swim wear. But Evelyn and Jameson had so much fun swimming with Nate and Uncle Jeremy. I’m sure memories were made.




Comments