Skip to main content

Cottage

 We were at the cottage last weekend. Nate, Jameson and I drove up on Friday. We enjoyed a nice evening that included a trip around the lake in Grandpa Paul’s new boat plus a dip at the sand bar for Jameson. 



Saturday morning Jameson went fishing with Grandpa Paul before the rain arrived and Nate and I left to pick up Evelyn from camp.  


Back at the cottage Amanda and the boys had arrived. Saturday was a raining day, some fun happened outside but not much. On a whim I brought our rainbow loom rubber bands and three mini looms as a potential indoor activity. They were a big hit. 


The kids got to make their ink quills which wrote quite well. 


Grandma Pat wanted a picture with the girls. Nate thought it was funny how well color coordinated we were. 


The kids had fun helping Grandpa move pieces of dock up the hill to store near the house. 


Lucky for Jameson, Aunt Amanda brought some fun games to play. 


Sunday promised no rain, but cooler temps and not much sun either.  This happened to be perfect fishing weather. Everyone caught several fish in both the morning and the evening.


There were more dock pieces to move around. 


Isaac and Joshua got to tube first before they left to go back home. A little later in the afternoon, the clouds finally started to break up and the sun came out and Evelyn and Jameson got their turn.  Monday was really the nicest day. We managed to get in a little fishing, paddle boarding, kayaking and swimming before we too had to come home. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.