Global day of running was June 4th this year. Fleet Feet always organizes a 5K fun run to celebrate. It’s a good day for GOTR too because Fleet Feet donates a portion of the race proceeds back to our council. It was just me this time representing GOTR and thanking runners, plus my two helpers.
The original plan was Evelyn and I would also run the 5K. Jameson has basketball practice Wednesday evenings and I wasn’t sure the timing would work for him to run too.
As it turned out, several things worked in his favor and he got to run. The race was moved forward to avoid rain in the forecast. Jameson’s practice schedule came out and his team practices at 7:30. I decided as the only GOTR representative, I didn’t feel comfortable leaving the table unmanned. And finally, there was no same day registration, so I gave Jameson my bib and he ran for me.
They both did a great job. As Jameson was running I had the thought that his time would count for me in my gender and age bracket. If he placed and there was a prize we would have to decline it. As it turned out, he did PR. He finished in 25:44, 16 seconds faster than his previous best. I/he finished 4th in my age group. Thankfully there were no prizes. In his age group (boys 14 and under), his time placed him 11th out of 14.
Evelyn, one more to enjoy the race and not push herself to any extremes, finished 2nd in her age group (out of 2). She ran a 33:30. She looked much happier finishing the race.

Comments