I got home yesterday from Cleveland where GOTR hosted Summit, their every two years conference. I left Saturday so it was a long trip (in my opinion). We did some fun stuff, learned some good stuff and meet a few new people. Saturday our council director, Sarah, had training so Megan, our board president, and I explored downtown. We found an outdoor festival, the public library, and this beautiful hotel.
Sunday we had to waste more time in the morning so we walked to the West Side Market inside another really fun building.
Finally Sunday afternoon, Sarah’s training was finished and Summit began. We had some networking sessions, dinner and the kick off party at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. This was my favorite part.
Monday was day one for all general and break out sessions. I didn’t sleep great and woke up early to do a short run with a local running group, so it felt like a long day. For dinner we met a former board member who just moved to Cleveland, watched some soccer and caught the sunset over Lake Erie.
Tuesday was a lot like Monday. We got to hear to Elena Taylor Meyers speak. She was my favorite speaker. For the final night there was a rock the boat cruise on the Cuyahoga River and Lake Erie. It was pretty hot on the boat before we left dock, but with the breeze on the water it was very enjoyable.
Wednesday morning, we attended the morning session and then ducked out a little early to drive home. I learned some stuff and had a good time overall. Nate and the kids did some fun stuff too - pinball at Old Crown, trying on travel soccer kit, enjoying Hawaiian ice.















Comments