Skip to main content

Labor Day camping

 August felt so long, like we’d never make it to Labor Day and get to go camping. But we did and it was great. The weather was perfect, maybe a little more mosquitoes because of all the rain, but just an all around fun weekend.  We arrived and went straight to the beach. We climbed the dune and swam and climbed the dune again and got back in the water. The lake temperature was very comfortable with fun waves. It was hard to leave to go set up camp. 



Our site had great spots for the hammocks. Evelyn and Jameson even used one hammock as a makeshift badminton net. At night they put glow sticks on the hammock and birdie.




We returned to the beach for the sunset which unfortunately was mostly obscured by the clouds. Sunday morning after breakfast we went on our big hike. This year Jameson wanted to do the really long hike that takes you along the lake and then up Mount Randall. 



After lunch it was back to the beach and more dune climbing. The water was much colder. I couldn’t bear to go in very far but everyone else was braver. Finally it was just too cold so we changed and headed to the beach bucket for ice cream. 


We tried to see the sunset again.  This was one was much prettier.


Monday morning we packed up the car. Evelyn and Jameson wanted to climb the dune one last time before saying goodbye to the lake. They thought they’d try running down the dune holding hands which ended with Evelyn falling down and getting covered in sand. We decided the best way to get rid of as much sand as possible was to go swimming.  The water was cold but still enjoyable and it was a nice way to end the trip. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.