Meredith and Jeremy came over for the holiday weekend. Evelyn recently got a ball for the background and she loves to chase after it.
After Evelyn went to bed, we played Exploding Kittens. A mostly just chance card game that involves avoiding explosive kittens. I'm not sure Penny approved.
Meredith and Jeremy also picked up doughnuts from Rise and Roll, reportedly the best doughnuts in Fort Wayne. Evelyn is enjoying what is affectionately referred to as Amish crack or a cinnamon sugar doughnut.
Sunday we went apple picking. It was a nice little orchard with only a few varieties available right now but close enough to our house that we may go back later in the fall.
With a little help, Evelyn made a good apple picker.
Lots and lots of apples! It was a fun morning but then we watched Purdue lose and we all were sad,
Today I made a dutch apple pie. Tomorrow I think I will make applesauce since it is one of Evelyn's favorite foods.
Comments
: )