Skip to main content

8 months

Jameson is 8 months old!  He has mastered pushing himself into a seated position from his tummy and just in the past couple days has started pulling up.  I've found him standing in his crib more than a few times.  He still army crawls and fast.  My guess is he will skip crawling on his hands and knees and go to straight to cruising.


Jameson still loves to eat just about whatever you feed him.  He has been waking up about once a night which is a little frustrating because he can sleep through the night.  He also tends to wake up for the day anywhere between 5-6 am; I'd prefer if he slept till 6 or a little later.  But the flip side is he is ready for a morning nap around 8:30-9 and I tend to get a lot done around the house during that nap (if he isn't napping in the jogger on a run).  I finally managed to get Evelyn and Jameson's afternoon naps to coincide which is really nice because I just started a Bible study at church and it gives me a good time to do my study homework. 


I say it every time, but Evelyn is still Jameson's favorite.  No one can make him laugh like she can.


After morning nap today, we went outside to practice Evelyn's soccer skills.  One foot on the ball is something she struggled with last time, but she controls the ball so much better now.


We met Nate at the zoo after work today too.  The zoo closes on October 2nd, so we are trying to get in a few more visits.  It was Evelyn's idea to take this picture.


I also had a free coupon to ride the train, good for just this week.  Evelyn was so excited to ride the train; we've never done it before.


Jameson thought the train was pretty cool too.  After the zoo, we headed over to the house/dentist practice of Nate's friend from the bike team for a patient appreciation festival.  He isn't our personal dentist, but he invited us anyway.  There was bouncy houses, balloons, BBQ for dinner and cotton candy.  Evelyn and Jameson were totally exhausted by the time we came home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.