Skip to main content

Happy New Year

We celebrated New Years in Michigan and it was a nearly perfect weekend.  The only thing that could have gone better was Jameson's sleeping (by which I mean it would have been nice if he had slept). On Friday Pat, Jameson, and I did some shopping at the mall while Nate, Evelyn, and Paul went ice skating.


On Saturday we went to a Countdown to Noon party along with Amanda, Isaac, and Joshua.  Jameson didn't seem real impressed; maybe because he didn't sleep?


Evelyn and Isaac patiently waiting for the countdown and the balloon drop.


Happy Noon Year!


The balloons continued to be a lot of fun once we got home.


After naptime, we opened presents, had dinner, and did an early countdown to midnight for the kids.


Nate and I both thought the cousins played very well together this weekend.  There really weren't any arguments about toys; they took turns and shared so nicely with their new presents.  I'm excited for when Jameson is big enough to play with the big kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.