This year for Christmas I asked Nate for two tickets to see the Fort Wayne Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker. I thought it’d be something special for me and Evelyn to do together. The performance wonderful. I have seen The Nutcracker but never in person. The music was performed by the Fort Wayne Philharmonic which I thought did an incredible job. It was also just fun to have an opportunity to get dressed up.
Evelyn seeemed to enjoy the ballet. She was attentive and always clapped enthusiastically. The theater isn’t very large so any seat is a good seat and we had a perfect view of the stage. During intermission we chatted with the gentleman seated next to Evelyn and he remarked how well behaved she had been during the first act.
The ballet offers a Sugar Plum party after the show so Nate chose to add that to my present. There were cookies and drinks and then you could meet the dancers. Evelyn had her picture taken with Clara and the Nutcracker prince and of course with the Sugar Plum Fairy.
Comments