Skip to main content

Block party

 Our neighborhood had a block party/food truck rally/costume contest tonight. Evelyn changed her mind and instead of being Frida Kahlo for Halloween she wanted to be Wednesday Addams. One trip to Goodwill and I had costumes for all of us to dress up as the Addams Family. Jameson’s “real” costume isn’t Pugsley but he agreed to do it for the contest. 


I actually “sewed” the white collar on Evelyn’s dress. You maybe can’t tell from the picture, but I had no idea what I was doing. Nate had the idea to stuff a pillow up Jameson’s shirt since Pugsley is a little bigger than he is. 




There was music and some games. Evelyn’s friend McKenzie was there too. We signed up for the costume contest as a family under the adult category instead of individually as a girl, a boy and two adults. It may have given us an edge on winning but McKenzie’s dad organized the whole thing and he told us it was ok. 


And we won! The prize was a bottle of Captain Morgan which Evelyn was not happy about. I felt bad so I promised her ice cream tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.