Skip to main content

Cincinnati

 We took a short trip to Cincinnati this weekend with Grandma Pat and Grandpa Paul to attend Aunt Jan’s celebration of life open house. Saturday morning Nate, Pat and Paul went to Sweetwater where Pat got a new organ!  Then we drove to the hotel where we had a little downtime before a pizza dinner at the church with Uncle Neil and most of Nate’s cousins, their spouses and a few children.  Evelyn and Jameson especially loved playing with Teresa’s dog Alice. Then finally the moment they had been waiting for - back to the hotel to go swimming. 


On Sunday morning the rain stopped long enough for us to visit a park and let Evelyn and Jameson run around. We took a picture at the top of the observation tower just like we did 3 years ago when we were in Cincinnati.  The park had a zip line too which was a lot of fun. 



The open house was very nice and it gave people more time to catch up and share memories and tell stories. Evelyn and Jameson did a great job not being bored or whiny when really all there was to do was listen to people talk. All in all Nate and I were thankful we had the opportunity to attend. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.