Skip to main content

Girls on the run 5k

 Girls on the run fall season is officially over.  Despite a few bumps along the way, it was a really good season. Our team had some really great girls. And even though the 5K was late into the fall, it turned out to be a nice day. It was a bit chilly though.  I started running with Evelyn and her friend Maddy but they weren’t interested in running very fast. Which was totally fine, but I was cold. So I thought if I ran ahead I might warm up and see other girls on the course. I caught up to two girls and then crossed the finish line.  I didn’t lap anyone so I ran backwards along the course to see the rest of the team before the finish. I was able to run with the last three girls from the team as they finished. So the plan worked! I only missed one girl, but she was the top GOTR finisher. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.