Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! Tuesday I helped with bingo at school and saw Evelyn’s cute turkey.

 We left for Decatur Wednesday afternoon. First we drove to Marion and picked up Nate who was at work. Then it was to Indianapolis for dinner and finally we arrived at Mimi’s house. Thursday morning we went for a walk before it was time to help with food. 


Evelyn and Jameson played outside a lot. Nate and Tom took them to some basketball courts to shoot hoops and long after it was dark, Tom played catch with Jameson. 


Friday we visited Aunt Martha and Uncle Dean. Aunt Martha took Kate, Evelyn and Jameson for a ride on the golf cart and then let Evelyn and Jameson take a drive around the property.  



We went to see their peacocks which was fun but I think everyone liked the kittens best. Thankfully they aren’t ready to leave momma or we might have ended up bringing one home. 


Kate really wanted to play Catan so Nate was a good sport and jumped in to play. 


Kate and Tom had to leave early to catch flights back home, so we got a little time with just Mimi on Saturday before we too had to leave. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.