Skip to main content

Global day of running

 Global day of running was yesterday. Fleet Feet organizes a 5K and the proceeds benefit Girls on the Run. Jameson ran 26:31 and was 8 out of 17 male 14 and under. Evelyn ran 29:09 and was 3 out of 9 female 14 and under. I told her when there was 1/4 of a mile left. I said just a 400 and she goes ok bye and just takes off.  I ran 29:27 and was 11 out 28 female 40-49.



Photographer also shared the GOTR final 5K photos.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blankets

 I recently finished two crochet blankets. The first one was a baby blanket for my cousin who just had a little boy. I also made two hats to match. The second blanket is for Nate to use at work. His office can be cold and he is also moving to an office that doesn't have good acoustics so he wanted to something to help soak up sound. 

Cross Country

 Evelyn had her first middle school cross country meet yesterday. She looked good and was happy with her time, 17:04 for a 3K. This was faster than her team qualifying time which she was proud of. She finished 12th out of 27 and 6th for her team. She was the fastest 6th grade girl on her team too. Out of the top 9 girls from her team, 8 are Girls on the Run alumni which is pretty cool too.  Lap One Lap Two

Back to school

 First day of school was Thursday. Evelyn is out the door so early compared to Jameson.  We had time to play a game before he and I needed to leave the house. But starting tomorrow, the difference won’t be so big since Jameson’s bus pick up time was moved forward 15 minutes. Evelyn rode her bike to school both days. She gets home so much earlier too but cross country starts tomorrow so that will also change. Evelyn knows at least one person in all her classes and seems to like her teachers. Jameson has the same 4th grade teacher that Evelyn had but was disappointed none of his friends from his third grade class are in his class this year. He knows lots of the girls, but that doesn’t count. Today I got to use two different birthday gifts. Nate and the kids gave me an inflatable SUP. In the morning we went to Leo, rented two kayaks from the FW Outfitters and paddled around the Cedarville reservoir and the st Joseph river. Nate rested in the shade for the first hour while me and ...