What a whirlwind couple of days! Nate successfully defended his dissertation on Thursday and while he technically still has to complete his internship in order to fulfill all his doctoral requirements, I'm calling him Doctor anyway.
While Nate was sweating it out in front of his committee, I was able to visit with some old friends. Me and Avery got to be silly at Jump It and while adults aren't really supposed to play on the inflatable slides, Jennifer and I did anyway.
We both knew that my mom was coming down from Chicago on Thursday, but neither me nor Nate knew Katherine coming! She surprised us Thursday night while we were out celebrating with friends.
My Mimi and Grandpa even drove over on Friday to surprise Nate too. Mimi also brought Dr. Bear with her, who wanted to congratulate Nate in person.
While Nate was sweating it out in front of his committee, I was able to visit with some old friends. Me and Avery got to be silly at Jump It and while adults aren't really supposed to play on the inflatable slides, Jennifer and I did anyway.
My Mimi and Grandpa even drove over on Friday to surprise Nate too. Mimi also brought Dr. Bear with her, who wanted to congratulate Nate in person.
Finally, a moment to relax and catch up on some basketball while enjoying fro-yo at Orange Leaf.
And finally, a random sister picture.
Thank you to everyone out there who supported and prayed for Nate along the way! It meant a lot to both of us to know that people were thinking of him on Thursday.
Comments
: )