Skip to main content

4th of July

We spent out 4th of July weekend up at the cottage.  The weather was great and there was lots for both Evelyn and Jameson to do.  Evelyn's collar (which I haven't written about because the last 2 weeks have been hard and sad in many ways; not all related to Evelyn) didn't seem to stop her from having fun.  They both spent lots of time fishing.  Evelyn caught the most fish but thankfully Jameson caught one too,



We also caught a toad, a snapping turtle, a tadpole and two frogs.





Evelyn and Jameson played in the sand a lot which was good because Evelyn can't swim right now. 


Jameson got to go on a tube ride and Evelyn got to drive the boat.  We also went on a few paddle boat rides.



Saturday night we did something different and went into Baldwin to listen to a jazz trio and singer.  Evelyn really enjoyed it; Jameson eventually fell asleep but he was well behaved.


There was so much to do so I don't think Evelyn felt like she missed out on too much.  And while we had to remind her to slow down several times, the collar also didn't seem to limit her fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.