Skip to main content

Spa day

 My friend Sarah is getting married Saturday in Chicago at a Cubs game. We were invited kind of last minute but Katherine said we could stay with her and she would watch Evelyn and Jameson.  Slight change of plans when she came here for the 4th to get away from the city and decided it could be easy if she stayed the week and watched the kids here. That means we get a weekend getaway too. And then today Sarah invited us to get our nails done. 


I actually didn’t get my nails painted. I ended up hanging out with the kids but honestly that was ok. Sarah’s mom, sister, and aunt where there too - all people I know from birthday parties - and it would have been nice to be with them but someone had to watch the kids. And I was happy to fill that role. It let Sarah relax a little I hope and I truly enjoy being with Harper, Willow, and Violet. And I also really didn’t feel comfortable leaving Evelyn and Jameson alone in the “princess pedicure” area. 



Both Evelyn and Jameson loved the experience. There was another man over in the adult pedicure area and I pointed him out to Jameson, showing him he wasn’t the only boy and the guy waved back at him.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.