Evelyn had basketball practice yesterday and Jameson had to stay home with me and clean. I asked him if he wanted to place a piece of chocolate on the pillows for our guests who were arriving in the afternoon. He thought that was a great idea and even wrote a little note so everyone knew the chocolate was for them. He was excited to show Mimi, Oma and Grandpa their little treat when they arrived. Skip ahead to 2am this morning. Jameson woke up, went downstairs, got his candy bag out of the pantry and picked out some candy. He started in his room and gave Evelyn a piece of chocolate. Then he visited Mimi sleeping in Evelyn’s room; thankfully he didn’t wake her up. Then he came into our room where I woke up and he told me what he was doing. In the moment I only kind of understood but I was awake enough to tell him he couldn’t go into Oma and Grandpa’s room next. I was worried he wake one of them up and they’d be very confused. Jameson climbed into bed with us but it took him a while to fall back asleep. He kept asking if he could deliver his chocolate to Oma and Grandpa. In the morning we all had a good laugh about Jameson the chocolate fairy. His nighttime adventure caught up with him this afternoon and he crashed on the couch.
Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR. She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls. Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall.
Comments