Skip to main content

Last week

It's been a busy and sad last week in Virginia.  On Monday, my patients threw me a surprise baby shower.  I was so blown away I didn't even think it grab my phone, so you'll have to settle for a picture of a picture.  It was a lovely shower and I was overwhelmed by their kindness.


On Wednesday, my co-workers put together a going-away/baby shower lunch which was also super nice.  These are absolutely the best cupcakes ever.


Thursday, Nate took Evelyn and I to his favorite restaurant, Cafe Asia.  Evelyn got to try out the chopsticks.


Then for dinner, we had one last get together with our good friends Ashley and Brandon.  Harper let Evelyn play with her dolls in the baby pool.


Today was my last day at work and Evelyn's last day at daycare.  I am actually more sad about daycare than I am about work.  Evelyn really seems to love daycare and her teachers always have such positive things to say about her.  I'm going to have to come up with some good activities to do with
her once we settle in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.