Skip to main content

The big move

We made it to Indiana!  Evelyn helped supervise loading the truck on Sunday and then my parents arrived later in the day to help with last minute packing, cleaning, and the big drive.


Evelyn had her 18 month check-up on Monday.  She weighed 22 lbs 7.5 oz (46th percentile) and was 33 inches long (82nd percentile).  The doctor said she went through a big growth spurt.  She also got to hang out at the hotel pool.


Tuesday we hit the road.  Nate drove the truck, my dad drove with Penny, and then me, my mom and Evelyn were together.


We all had uneventful drives and arrived to Fort Wayne in one piece.


Pat and Paul arrived Wednesday morning and Evelyn was so determined to help unload the truck.


She brought packing paper to the back of the garage, 


carried a plunger into the house,


swept out the truck, and 


and helped put together the table.


Evelyn also did a good job of reading her Aunt Katherine a nap time story.


We still have a decent amount of unpacking to do, but our new place is starting to feel like home.

Comments

Amanda said…
what is Nathan doing in that second picture??

Also, I'm glad everything is going smoothly!
It was sunny at the pool and he forgot his sunglasses 😊

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.