Skip to main content

Saturday Fun

Meredith and Jeremy spent the day in Fort Wayne.  Jeremy had a talk for work earlier in the day nearby.  We hung out at home where Meredith read books to Evelyn and practiced counting.  Then we checked out a local coffee shop.


The barista brought of us samples of their signature shake so Evelyn got her first taste of caffeine.  I think she liked it.


After coffee, we went to Sweetwater, an absolutely huge guitar/music store.  Evelyn was much more interested in the free arcade games.


 She got to play her first game of ping pong and


her first round of golf.


Just being silly with Aunt Meredith.

Comments

Anonymous said…
In the ping pong picture, Evelyn looks like she has a great toss for her lefty tennis serve.

: )

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.