Skip to main content

2.5 years old

Evelyn is 2.5 years old.  Jameson gets monthly updates; only seems fair that Evelyn gets biyearly ones.  We met Nate at the zoo this afternoon.  We headed straight to the water stream because it was so hot.


Evelyn still loves books.  Her favorite shows are Curious George, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, and Timmy Time.  She likes to tell me she can do things "by myself" or if she wants me to do it she says, "you do it by yourself."  If she understands that something can't happen today, she often says she will do it tomorrow.  She still is a picky eater, but thankfully she eats the foods she likes.


Evelyn likes trains and airplanes.  She still loves to go for runs in the stroller.  Playing with bubbles and chalk are favorites when we are outside.  She also seems to be really into dresses and skirts lately. She loves Jameson and as he becomes more active, she sometimes engages him in her play.


After the water stream and the kangaroos, we visited the farm animals.  Evelyn brushed all the goats. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Evelyn should join the local chapter of the FGGA (Future Goat Groomers of America). Fort Wayne has a chapter, right?

; )

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.