I took the kids to Chicago by myself! Katherine had some free time before school starts and asked if I wanted to bring Evelyn and Jameson over for a visit. I was more than a bit hesitant. Bringing only Jameson to Chicago for the bachelorette party I thought had been enough of an adventure. I wasn't sure I could handle both kids. But Nate told me to go and I realized that yes, everything could go terribly but more likely, we would all have a fun time. And we did.
Monday we went swimming at the pool near Katherine's apartment and then my parents drove in for dinner.
Tuesday we went to the beach and it was a perfect day. Evelyn loved the water even though it was freezing. We swam out to the sand bar several times.
Jameson makes a pretty good beach baby. He was happy to play in the sand or the water. Or eat Katherine's googles.
Katherine's close friend met us at the beach with her two boys. Evelyn enjoyed making some new friends, but I think she mostly liked using their sand toys.
Wednesday morning we got a yummy breakfast before driving back home.

Comments