Skip to main content

Trains

The plan today was to go to the zoo.  But the zoo was closed in order to prepare for a special event.  So since everyone was already in the car, we instead went to the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society.  Random yes, but I had seen on facebook that today was their open house.  It was pretty cool but there really wasn't that much to look at.  I'm sure if you were a true train enthusiast, you'd find the museum much more interesting.


Evelyn at first was very excited but then the steam engine blew its whistle and I thought we were going to have to go home.  She actually was quite scared pretty much the entire time.  We were standing in front of the engine pictured above and Evelyn kinda freaked out.  I think what she was trying to tell me was that we had to move because we were in front of the train and when it started to move, it would hit Jameson.  It took a lot of convincing that this train was not going anywhere.


The steam engine was very cool, but it was also very loud.  The conductors would blow the whistle and then move the engine forward and backward.  It took a lot of work to get Evelyn anywhere close to it when it wasn't moving.  There was also a caboose ride, but the line was long and I wasn't so sure Evelyn would even get aboard once it was our turn.  The first words out of her mouth after naptime was "the train scared me."  We talked a lot about going back next year when she and Jameson are a little bigger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.