Skip to main content

Gas City Speedway

 Nate has two co-workers who are really into dirt track car racing and they invited us to a race in Gas City. It was a lot of fun and loud and dirty. 



It was also very family friendly. We knew to bring ear protection, but we saw lots of parents who also brought eye protection for their kids. We were actually sitting next to the Speedway promotion girl (I don’t really know what to call her; she’s the one who sprayed the winner with champagne and she wore a sash) and she gave Evelyn and Jameson sunglasses. 



It was hot at the start of the races but we were glad we made everyone where jeans. There’s a lot of dirt that flies around when the cars getting going fast.  We watched the winged sprint cars and the midget sprint cars. The NOS car is Nate’s coworker’s favorite team but he didn’t do so hot last night. The winged cars create so much dirt and dust it’s hard to keep your eyes open to watch. The midget cars are much easier to watch but I didn’t get a picture of them. 


All the dirt made it hard to time eating our snacks just right. It was late when we finally left to drive home. They both fell right asleep in the car.  At home we just changed them into pjs and put them in bed, dirt and all. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.