Tonight was the Fort Wayne Community Schools elementary track and field expo. I had no idea what to expect since we didn’t get to participate last year, but it was fun. Parents weren’t really allowed on the track or in the field so I sent Evelyn to her first event and JJ and I watched from the stands. She participated in all four events - shot put, long jump, the 100m dash and the 1600m. She found her friend Eloise from kindergarten and they ran the mile together although Eloise was faster
It was awfully hot, but the event had high school track athletes running with students to make sure they were staying safe. Evelyn ran the mile in 10:07 and she ran all 4 laps without walking. She took third in her heat for the 100m dash.
The plan was we’d go straight to church from the expo (because Nate was playing guitar) but Evelyn didn’t finish quite in time and she was very hot and sweaty. So we decided to go home and shower instead.
Comments