Skip to main content

Remote learning

 We survived our week of remote learning.  Evelyn has had no symptoms thankfully so she can return to school on Monday for the last 7 days of school. She missed all her NWEA testing and will have to make that up when she goes back.


There were lots of zooms, but there was also a fair amount of down time where Evelyn could do her own thing. The remote teacher was super nice and very inclusive of Evelyn. In science they made a string telephone. 


Jameson adjusted well, but he is used to having Evelyn at school all morning. It’s hard to switch to being quiet and not disruptive while she was on zoom. Thankfully there were no scheduling conflicts that interfered with his school. 


Waiting to get on math zoom. 


Jameson came home with a stack of optional papers to do over the summer. He told his teacher he was going to do them all in one day. And he did. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.