Skip to main content

Mother’s Day

 My Mother’s Day weekend started Friday at 2:00 pm when I got a call from Evelyn’s school nurse saying Evelyn was a close contact of another child with covid on the bus. So I call Nate, call my mom, pick up Evelyn and then pick up Jameson. But as long as she is symptom free she can return to school on the 17th, so just one week of remote learning. 


Saturday I was able to go for a run and then help with tennis lessons since Jameson did not want to go without Evelyn. We compromised and Jameson participated in lessons while Evelyn and I had our own lesson on the far court away from everyone else. Knowing the weather was not looking nice for Sunday, we drove out to a new nature preserve to hike and look for waterfalls. 


We followed a little creek and found the first waterfall. 


Then we found the Salamonie river and the second waterfall. 


Not as exciting as the first but we were able to climb right up to it. 



Further along the river trail we discovered the third waterfall. Evelyn was throughly disappointed in this one, but overall they both loved the hike. There were logs to climb over, big hills to go up and down, and lots of beautiful wildflowers. 


Sunday was a very nice day despite being rainy and discovering a problem with our water heater.  Jameson gave me chocolates and Evelyn wanted to give me flowers, so Jameson picked out for her (since she’s quarantined) two very pretty plants for outside. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City champs

 Cross country season is officially over. Last night was city finals and Blackhawk girls finished first. We took 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th place. Evelyn ran 14:56, so about 10 seconds off her PR.  She was 32nd overall out of 64 girls.  Her place counted for her team which she was happy about. The boys did good too and finished in second place overall. 

Last weekend

 Last weekend was a busy one. I had the Fort4Fitness, Evelyn had a cross country invitational in Huntington and Jameson had two soccer games in Middlebury. All on Saturday! Friday I spent all afternoon at the F4F expo. The weather was lovely so that was nice. When it was busy, the time passed quickly. When it was slow, there were still enough people that I wasn’t totally bored.  Evelyn had a great run and PR’ed with at time of 14:40.  It was an early morning for them as she had to be at the meet by 8:40. But that was better for us since Jameson’s games were into the afternoon.  I had a decent half marathon. I ran 2:10:30 which is slower than I’d like but I’ve also been dealing with a nagging right knee problem. So I honestly was thankful I could run and run the race without much discomfort.  I was fast enough to get home, shower and eat lunch before we left for soccer. Jameson’s team won the first game 0-1 and tied the second 1-1. He scored both the goals. ...

Futsal

 It’s futsal season. Jameson had his first game tonight. It’s all just intra club fun meant to help the players develop and practice over the winter. Parents only have to help during games with subbing but we also got Evelyn to help run the scoreboard.